At Kilwins Ice Cream & Chocolates, we use the finest ingredients to make our hand paddled, Mackinac style fudge. Choose from 23 flavors made fresh daily on our marble tables right before your eyes! Can’t make up your mind? Be sure to ask for a free sample! Our fudge makes the perfect take home treat for your family! Don’t forget a little gift for the hostess, the baby-sitter, pet-sitter and teacher!
Melt in your mouth slow-roasted pot roast, carrots, onions, American cheese on Foggy Rock’s signature hoagie roll and served with au jus and homemade crispy potato chips …can it get any better than that for comfort food? Foggy Rock sells thousands of Philly Sandwiches each year. This one feels like Sunday supper at Grandma’s but it’s available all weekend during WinterFest.
Foggy Rock 8180 Valley Blvd Blowing Rock 828.295.7262
We have included several high resolution photos as well as the official logo for editorial use (only). If you would like additional photos or something specific, please contact Charles Hardin – email@example.com. Please attribute all photos “photo courtesy of Blowing Rock WinterFest.” Click on image below to view high res image. Right click on the image and “save as” to save to your computer.
Click here to read the article about WinterFest in My Carolina Town Magazine in their December 2014/January 2015 magazine. The article features a beautiful picture of Moses Cone Manor as well as our brand new logo!
BLOWING ROCK, N.C. (November 2014) – WinterFest in Blowing Rock brings together the elements of fire and ice, set in the winter beauty of one of Travel & Leisure magazine’s “prettiest winter towns.” Bonfires, toasted marshmallows, warm hospitality and the Chilly Chili Cook-off provide the fire, while the Polar Plunge, ice carving, winter temperatures and skiing/snowboarding provide the cold contrast. Musical accompaniment provided by several live concerts.
WinterFest, which has also been named a AAA “Top Pick” and a Top 20 Event by Southeastern Tourism Society, runs between Wednesday, January 21 and Sunday, January 25. Events and activities are designed to appeal to day-trippers and overnight guests alike, with family activities a major focus of the 17th annual celebration.
Events and activities include the Chilly Chili Cook-off, Polar Plunge, Small Plate Crawl, WinterFeast, hayrides, bonfires, Shop ‘Til You Drop, ice carving, WinterPaws dog show, concerts, Little Miss WinterFest, Wine Tasting & Charity Auction at Green Park Inn and the WinterFashion show. For a full schedule of events, visit blowingrockwinterfest.com/event-schedule.
New or Notable in 2015:
- Wednesday Through Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.: High Country Small Plate Crawl. Grab a plate and sample some of the best bites in the area at dozens
of independent restaurants that will create special small plate menus priced from $3.00 to $8.00. Lunch and dinner created by the restaurants’ chefs specifically for WinterFest. Crawl Passport required.
- Friday, 11:00 a.m.: WinterFashion Show: The best of Blowing Rock’s clothing retailers showcase lunchtime guests their best winter and spring fashion and accessories. At The Meadowbrook Inn on Main Street. Cash bar available: $27.
- Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Silent Auction & Raffle. Presented by Mountain Alliance at the Blowing Rock School cafeteria. Bid on many items, packages and gift certificates donated by local businesses. Items include lodging, spa packages, outdoor adventures, artwork and more. Proceeds support the efforts of Mountain Alliance (mountainalliance.org).
- Saturday, 2:00 p.m.: Wine Tasting & Charity Auction, Green Park Inn.Wines tasting followed by items up for auction, including wines, a Wine & Food Festival lodging package and more. $22 in advance; $27 at the door for wine; hors d’oeuvres additional. Proceeds benefit Alzheimer’s Association
For more information or ticket purchases, visit blowingrockwinterfest.com or call 877.295.7801. Blowing Rock WinterFest is organized by the Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce.
For information: Billie Rogers, Events Director | Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce | 828.295.7851 | <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com</a>
Rent 3 nights and receive a $75 discount off rental rate
Rent 3 nights at regular rate and receive the 4th night FREE!
Offer valid for group sizes of 4 or less, and must mention WinterFest 2019 to receive discount.
Secluded log cabins, creeks, waterfalls, hiking trails, WiFi, campfire pit, fireplaces (we include firewood with your rental).
WinterFest tickets are available at Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce, 132 Park Avenue in Blowing Rock, via phone at 877-295-7801 or 828-295-7851 or online.
Ticket prices are as follows:
- WinterFeast on Thursday, Jan 28th – $35 (three seatings available) – Buy Tickets Online or call 828.295.7851
- WinterFest WinterFashion Show on Friday, Jan 29th – $27 – Buy Tickets Online or call 828.295.7851
- WinterFest Wine Tasting & Auction on Saturday, Jan 30th – $22 – Buy Tickets Online or call 828.295.7851
- Chilly Chili Cookoff on Saturday, Jan 30th- Adults: $7 | Children(6 to 12): $5 | Children 5 and Under: Free
Many of the events are free of charge. No Refunds.
Click Here for information on becoming a WinterFest Sponsor: winterfest sponsorshipweb2016
In 1997, Blowing Rock business owners got together and decided to create a festival to celebrate the fun side of winter – and Blowing Rock WinterFest debuted in January 1998.
This first year, Chilly, the lone snowman mascot in the logo, was born. Over the years, Chilly gained a scarf, a top hat, feathered friends, and eventually a wife named Crystal.
The logo has evolved through the years. And so has WinterFest. Events have been added including wine tasting, ice carving demonstrations, live music and an adorable dog show, WinterPaws. Not only is WinterFest a blast, it has raised thousands of dollars to help various charitable causes.
Over the years, the media has celebrated Blowing Rock winters right along with us. Travel & Leisure magazine named Blowing Rock “one of America’s Prettiest Winter Towns.” It has also been named one of the “Top Pick” events by AAA, and was named a Top 20 Event by Southeastern Tourism Society.
Blowing Rock WinterFest is now a Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce Event. The original committee retired, moved on, etc. leaving three lone members, two of which work for the Chamber. They work to continually create exciting winter celebrations and show visitors a good time so they will want to come back again and again. Don’t Hibernate. Celebrate winter in Blowing Rock! Chilly and Crystal will be holding the door for you.