Blowing Rock WinterFest is honored to be featured in the January 2020 issue of Our State as part of their Winter Getaways issue. Read all about it:
Warm your belly and please your senses with these signature comfort foods from our Blowing Rock area restaurants.
- Pot Roast with parsnips, carrots, Brussels sprouts, mushroom, peas, fingerling potatoes and crispy Parmesan cheeseRead More »
- Come get a Hot Dip after the Polar Bear Plunge Dip There’s nothing like piping hot Spinach Artichoke dip to warm you up on a cold winter’s day. And there’s nothing like Blue Ridge Bites and Brew’s house-made Spinach Artichoke dip, a fresh take on a comforting classic. Not only is this amazing appetizer madeRead More »
- Our fresh stone baked sweet water dough pretzels are sure to delight and warm the soul! Made to order with your choice of flavors including garlic butter and Parmesan, butter and salt, or cinnamon honey. Don’t forget to add the fresh made beer cheese!Read More »
- Drink Special: The “Flu Shot” – it won’t cure you, but it couldn’t hurt, Slow and Low rock and rye whisky, half and half, grand marnier, fresh nutmeg.Read More »
- Need a Winter Warm Up? We have a great cold weather drink for WinterFest! It’s S’mores Adult Hot Chocolate. Whipped Marshmallow vodka, Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur and hot chocolate topped with whipped cream, and graham cracker crumbs. Yes, and we have cocoa for the little ones too!Read More »
- You haven’t had bread pudding until you’ve tried Wendy’s Bread and Caramel Pudding. A Gamekeeper staple, it’s full of bourbon and well-made baguettes; laced with crumbled nut topping and chantilly cream. Every morsel leaves you dreamy-eyed and soul satisfied. Be sure to save room for this one! But life is short. Eat it as anRead More »
- At Kilwins Ice Cream & Chocolates, we use the finest ingredients to make our hand paddled, Mackinac style fudge. Choose from 23 flavors made fresh daily on our marble tables right before your eyes! Can’t make up your mind? Be sure to ask for a free sample! Our fudge makes the perfect take home treatRead More »
- Melt in your mouth slow-roasted pot roast, carrots, onions, American cheese on Foggy Rock’s signature hoagie roll and served with au jus and homemade crispy potato chips …can it get any better than that for comfort food? Foggy Rock sells thousands of Philly Sandwiches each year. This one feels like Sunday supper at Grandma’s butRead More »
- Sunny Rock Eggs and Things has outdone itself! Pulled pork, sweet potatoes, and onion hash topped with fried eggs and servced with Cheerwine BBQ sauce drizzle, a side of cilantro sour cream and fresh fruit. So delicious to start your day! Sunny Rock 8146 Valley Blvd Blowing Rock 828.414.9636 Read More »
Click here to read the article about WinterFest in My Carolina Town Magazine in their December 2014/January 2015 magazine. The article features a beautiful picture of Moses Cone Manor as well as our brand new logo!
In 1997, Blowing Rock business owners got together and decided to create a festival to celebrate the fun side of winter – and Blowing Rock WinterFest debuted in January 1998.
This first year, Chilly, the lone snowman mascot in the logo, was born. Over the years, Chilly gained a scarf, a top hat, feathered friends, and eventually a wife named Crystal.
The logo has evolved through the years. And so has WinterFest. Events have been added including wine tasting, ice carving demonstrations, live music and an adorable dog show, WinterPaws. Not only is WinterFest a blast, it has raised thousands of dollars to help various charitable causes.
Over the years, the media has celebrated Blowing Rock winters right along with us. Travel & Leisure magazine named Blowing Rock “one of America’s Prettiest Winter Towns.” It has also been named one of the “Top Pick” events by AAA, and was named a Top 20 Event by Southeastern Tourism Society.
Blowing Rock WinterFest is now a Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce Event. The original committee retired, moved on, etc. leaving three lone members, two of which work for the Chamber. They work to continually create exciting winter celebrations and show visitors a good time so they will want to come back again and again. Don’t Hibernate. Celebrate winter in Blowing Rock! Chilly and Crystal will be holding the door for you.